The Cell Juniors are minor antagonists from Season 3 DragonBall Z Abridged.
Role in Plot
After deciding that he can't kill the Z-Fighters due to his failure to enrage Gohan into tapping into his hidden power, Cell spawns seven children, whom he orders to 'play with' (murder) them on his behalf. One of them happily broke Yamcha's arm and kicked his downed body repeatedly, which Cell thought was still funny even if the poor bandit didn't deserve it. While they got the upper hand over the Z-Fighters, they stopped when Gohan unlocked his Super Saiyan 2 form after witnessing Cell murder Android 16, and hearing the former insult the latter shortly afterwards. Gohan, in his new form, easily tore the group apart, not even letting one of them taking Krillin as a hostage stop him.
The Cell JR's are smaller and more childlike versions of Cell, but speak and behave in a twisted and sadistic manner, very much akin to the likes of Nappa when he first came to Earth alongside Vegeta.
|Appearances of Cell Junior in DragonBall Z Abridged|
- Their names, other than Vegeta JR. JR. (who is a straight up reference to Nappa through name and voice), are references to voice actors that have voiced Cell in the past. The names include:
- Norio Wakamoto. (Cell's much beloved Japanese voice actor)
- Dameon Clarke. (Funimation Dub)
- Travis Willingham. (Cell's dub voice in most DB video games where Clarke was unavailable up until the Xenoverse games and FighterZ.)
- Curtis Arnott. (Takahata101's real name.)
- Dale Wilson. (Westwood Dub)
- Jonathan David Cook. (Animaze Dub)